This creamy pasta ticks all the boxes. Crispy salty pancetta, sauteed mushroom & garlic in a creamy cheesy sauce.
It's like a warm hug on a cold winter evening, comfort food at its finest and the best part this will only take 20 minutes to whip up.
For tips on cooking with fresh pasta visit our blog post.
PREP TIME 10MINS | COOKING TIME 20MINA | SERVES 4
- 400g fresh pasta (we choose Macaroni)
- 200g finely chopped pancetta
- 200g slices mushrooms (we choose button)
- 6 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup of grated parmesan + extra for serving
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1tsp cracked pepper, salt & sweet paprika
- ½ cup of your pasta water
- 2tbs all purpose flour (optional for thickening)
- Chopped parsley (optional for serving)
- Get your prep work done first ie, chop pancetta, mushrooms and garlic
- Bring a pot of water salted to the boil, once water is rapidly boiling add your pasta – if you are using our fresh pasta this will take around 2-4 minutes. Once pasta is cooked reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining and setting aside.
- While your pasta cooks, add your olive oil to a large pan on a medium to high heat once it's hot add your pancetta. Cook until you have rendered the fat and gotten it to your desired crispness – remove pancetta from pan into a dish for later.
- Add mushrooms to your pancetta grease, cook until they release their moisture and start to brown. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in salt, pepper and sweet paprika then Deglaze with white wine, while stirring with a wooden spoon to dissolve the browned bits on the bottom of the skillet. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add flour and stir. Add milk and stir until combined. Pour in cream and then stir in Parmesan reserving some for serving. Bring to a simmer and let it bubble for 2 minutes.
- Toss in your cooked pasta, crispy pancetta, and parsley. Add ½ cup of the pasta water and toss until glossy – add more if needed. Finish off with some extra parmesan & parsley on top. Serve immediately.